2. How Does Iceland is Hot gather and use information?
(ii) Server Statistics. We collect general statistics to track user trends on our website. These statistics include hits to our server, the types of browsers used to access our website, page views, and navigational patterns. The information that is collected in this manner does not provide us with any personally identifiable information about our users. It helps us track “where” our users are coming from. This allows us to pinpoint high traffic areas and determine the most effective ways to communicate with our users. As part of that ongoing analysis, Iceland is Hot also uses devices called “web beacons” through our mailshot partner AMT-American Express Travel Services to help us identify when emails sent to you have been received and read. In order to prevent the introduction of viruses and hackers into the Iceland is Hot website we may collect information, such as IP addresses, into a log file to be used to identify potential hackers of the Iceland is Hot website.
3. What security procedures does Iceland is Hot use to protect personal information?
4. Will Iceland is Hot disclose the information it collects to outside parties?
Iceland is Hot may share information with carefully selected vendors and business partners with whom we work. This includes companies that offer affinity, frequent-user and reward programs and companies that perform marketing services and other business operations for us (including providing goods and services to our users, as necessary to complete transactions you request).
We also use other information about you for general purposes such as (but not limited to) providing travel confirmation and updates; processing bills and providing travel notifications; to notify you about special offers and products or services that may be of interest to you; to resolve disputes, collect fees, or troubleshoot problems; to prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities; to enforce our Terms of Service; and as otherwise described to you at the point of collection.
All companies that act on our behalf are contractually obligated to keep all information confidential and to use the customer information only to provide the services we ask them to perform for you and us. Iceland is Hot may also use sensitive billing information (such as cardholder name, credit card number, and expiration date) for the purpose of completing the purchases you conduct on the website.
Iceland is Hot may share your information with the following entities:
* Suppliers, such as (but not limited to) hotels, cruises, car rental, home rental, yacht charter or other activity providers who fulfill your reservations. We do not share your email address with these suppliers unless they need it to fulfill the travel reservation you have made on the website and we restrict their use of this information to that purpose. Since we do not place limitations on our suppliers’ use or disclosure of your other personal information, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any travel supplier whose products you purchase through the website.
* Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on Iceland is Hot’s behalf, including (but not limited to) credit card processing, business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs and fraud prevention. These companies will have access to your personal information needed to perform their functions but are they are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
* Parent, Affiliate, Subsidiary Companies and Business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services. By using the Iceland is Hot website you allow us to share said information about you, including your personal information, with said parent, affiliate, subsidiary companies and business partners.
* We may disclose Personal Information we collect from you if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that disclosure is necessary (a) to obey the law or comply with legal process served on us or our affiliates; (b) to protect and defend our rights or property or the rights or property of other users of our website; or (c) to act in an emergency to protect the personal safety of users of our website or the public. When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of Iceland is Hot, our customers, or others and in connection with our Terms of Service and other agreements.
* In connection with a corporate transaction, such as (but not limited to) a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the event of bankruptcy.
* We may provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns and related website information to reputable third party vendors, but these statistics do not include personal information.
When you register as a member on the Iceland is Hot website, you will be given a choice as to whether you want to receive e-mail messages about special offers. You can modify your choice at any time on your account settings page. You also will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from commercial messages in any such e-mail we send. Please note that we reserve the right to send you other communications, including service announcements, administrative messages, and surveys relating either to your account or to your transactions on the Site, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
5. External links. Other companies or organizations may have links to their websites on the Iceland is Hot website.
6. Collection of information from children.
Iceland is Hot does not direct any of our content specifically to children. Users of our website are required to be at least 18 years old, and any user under 18 years old is not an authorized user. If we learn that a user is under eighteen (18) years of age, we will promptly delete any personal information we have collected about that user.
7. Consent to processing in the United States
8. Your California privacy rights.
As provided by California Civil Code Section 1798.83, a California resident who has provided personal information to a business with whom he/she has established a business relationship for personal, family, or household purposes (“California customer”) is entitled to request information about whether the business has disclosed personal information to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. In general, if the business has made such a disclosure of personal information, upon receipt of a request by a California customer, the business is required to provide a list of all third parties to whom personal information was disclosed in the preceding calendar year, as well as a list of the categories of personal information that were disclosed.
California customers may request further information about our compliance with this law by emailing email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year, and we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through this email address.
9. Modification And Notification Of Changes.
10. In Summary.
Iceland is Hot is committed to protecting your privacy. The information collected from the Iceland is Hot website helps us better understand our market and consumer interests. This allows us to serve our customers and business associates with the level of satisfaction they deserve.